After installing the plugin properly, you can concentrate on configuring it to your liking.
- Create a Formidable Form for which you want the Intercom Subscription.
- Go into your form’s Edit screen from WP Admin – Formidable – Forms.
- Go to Settings tab and then Intercom section.
- Check the Enable Intercom checkbox to enable Intercom Subscription for this form.
- Select either User or Lead on User Type field. (If you are not sure which one to choose, learn more here.)
- Enter the Intercom attribute names under Intercom Field Mapping section.
- Click Update button to the right to save your settings.
- Go to WP Admin – Formidable – Forms. Now copy the code under Shortcodes column for your form and paste on a page or post.
Company Integration with Intercom
You can add a Company field that will show a drop down containing all the registered Companies in your Intercom account. When a user fills in the field, he will be listed under that company on your Intercom Dashboard. It makes it easier for you to group and manage your users.
This is totally optional and you may use this only if your website needs it. To add this field just drag and drop the Company item from the list on the right to where you want this to be placed on the form.
You can either set this field as required or not required by clicking on the field name, then clicking on the Field Settings. It has a Required checkbox which you can check or uncheck.
After you have made changes to the form, click Update.
For your users on the frontend, it will display a field similar to this:
You should now be able to use the Formidable form and let your users get listed on Intercom. It is recommended to test on the frontend like a user before you offer the form to users.